Volunteers assist the Pigeon Community Multicultural Development Center with needs from serving as reading buddies for youth programs or serving food at Senior Dinners and Veterans Programs. Contact us to find out more about the volunteer opportunities listed below.
Summer Enrichment Program (mid-June to mid-August)
- Help students with reading Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays.
- Prepare food.
- Prepare materials for activities.
- Organize and set up classrooms.
- Prepare kitchen and pantry areas.
After-School Program (weekday afternoons August to April)
- Help students with homework.
- Serve as a reading buddy.
- Help prepare snacks and supper.
- Pick up and transport food for the pantry.
- Assist with distribution.
- Organize non-perishable food donations.
- Coordinate food drives.
- Help prepare the meal.
- Serve food.
- Assist with clean-up.
Lift Every Voice! – African-American History Project
- Become an interviewer.
- Schedule an interview to share your memories.